- Bronze Die Extruded for Remarkable Texture
- Handcrafted in Italy
- Ready in 6 Minutes. Al Dente in 5.
- Expertly Milled USDA Organic Whole Durum Wheat Flour
- 190 Calories | 0g Sat Fat | 25mg Sodium | 2g Sugars Per Serving
Our artisanl roots
What began in 1950 holds true today - our family's passion is to craft and share wonderful Italian food.
We select and blend the highest quality Italian organic durum wheat for a beautiful color, wonderful aroma and high protein content to maintain a superior pasta shape, structure and flavor.
Our wheat is expertly milled into ground whole-wheat flour, and then carefully kneaded with cold, fresh, mineral-rich mountain spring water to create the texture of traditional pasta but with all the benefits of the whole grain.
The extrusion through bronze dies gives our pasta that rough feel, creating a naturally porous surface that absorbs and captures every type of sauce.
We dry our pasta slowly, at low temperatures to reproduce the traditional way of making pasta. This method respects the ingredients, preserving the pasta's color, texture, and aroma.
Artisans of al dente
The perfect al dente bite is achieved when pasta cooks to a tender exterior balanced by a firm bite with a fleck of white at its core... the pasta's soul.
Our recipe is simple, and our approach, traditional: patience, wheat and water. This ensures and authentic al dente experience every time.
Our love of elbows
Elbows are small tubes with curved bodies perfect for capturing sauces. Known for their starring role in cheesy baked macaroni dishes, this c-shaped pasta is a great for simple tomato and vegetable sauces, as well as creamy cold pasta recipes.Directions
Cook time: Ready in 6 minutes. Al dente in 5.
Pasta by the pound: for every 1 lb. of pasta, use 5 qts. of water and 2 tbsp. of sea salt.
Tips for perfect pasta:
- Bring 5 qts. of water to a rolling boil. Once boiling, add 2 tbsp. of sea salt. Please don't add oil.
- Now it's time for the pasta! Remember to stir occasionally, so the pasta doesn't stick.
- Check pasta for the al dente moment: 2-3 min prior to the end of pasta cook time. Take a bite to be sure.
- Once pasta is al dente and ready to drain, first scoop up a cup of the starchy pasta cooking water. This water can be added to the sauce later to perfect its consistency.
- Quickly drain the pasta water, but don't rinse! Rinsing removes essential starches needed to help sauces stick. (Only rinse if you are making cold pasta dishes to prevent sticking).
- Always finish by tossing hot pasta in a pan with warm sauce and cook together over high heat for about 2 min.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.